It’s been 8 months since our last play test and I’m happy to announce we’re ready start up the Alpha2 play test starting today! It’s been a bit of a long and winding road to get here, so let me break down what’s been happening on our end and what our goals were for this test.
We received a lot of feedback from players about what they liked about BitCraft and what was frustrating. We tried to improve on a lot of the frustrating aspects of the experience even though we still have much more to do! The major thing you’ll notice is all new terrain generation and game art! Other highlights of this new play test are:
- Much faster loading times
- Terrain biomes and mountain ranges
- Town walls
- Town chat
- Player created quests (the UI is not great for this yet)
- A much larger world (4x bigger than last time!)
- Players now choose where to place towns
- Town sovereigns can now set the ranks of all town members
- All town buildings are now shared. You don’t need to own land to contribute to the town!
We received a lot of awesome feedback on smaller things from the last play test and we’ve also tried to incorporate that into our game.
In the next 6 months our top priorities are going to be UI/UX (the UX is still confusing and clunky) and game content. Some highlights for our plans are:
- Desktop specific UI
- A (finally) finished building system
- Nations/Empires (Towns will claim land and other towns outside of their town, to build empires). You’ll be able to see your empires on the map!
- Adding the farming, fishing, and cooking skills
- Better combat with more monsters
- Add new buildings: Marketplace, treasury, library, outposts
- Adding roads and fast travel between towns that are connected by roads
- The building system and visuals (still can’t build high level buildings directly, but we finally have a plan to fix that)
- Chat and social features
- One last server major server refactor
- Keeping the app running in the background on phones
- A founders program for all of our early users!
This time around we’re adding a web client so you can finally play BitCraft on your desktop! The instructions for each platform are below.